Friday, September 5, 2008

Someone stole my purse

Ok, so I'm in the process of writing a longer blog, but I just have to let you know what happened. The worst thing imaginable happened to me today...ok not THE worst, but very very very bad. I could have gotten run over by one of these crazy chinese drivers, but my purse got stolen today with EVERYTHING in it. I mean my passport, translator, drivers license, cell phone, immunization records, 1200 yuen (like $175 bucks in US), wallet with credit cards and social security card, my room key and bike lock key. all gone. i put it down in a department store for 2 seconds to try on a pair of shoes and it was gone. im am so angry at myself.... i can't believe this happened! Maybe a chinese driver could put me out of my misery. Im not serious, but that's how i feel right now :( :( :( I feel like I've been hit by a car. Please pray for me. I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm storing up treasures in heaven, right? It's just stuff that will need to be replaced. It's just stuff...but it is still horrible!

8 comments:

Mommy Dearest said...

Your feelings are real and it is a horrible thing to have happened. However, your are safe and healthy and God has you covered. It's all part of the experience you are living. Life is not perfect or fair, but keep your eyes looking up and trust in Him. This too can serve a purpose that you will come to understand later. Or, you just have to wear a fanny pack or body girdle with pocket or some dumb thing! You still have love and that is all that really matters!

Cindy Gary said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry! I know it feels really awful right now but you're right - it's just stuff and it can be replaced. Unfortunately things in life aren't always easy but you'll get through this and it will become a part of the "China Story".

Gary & I love you and you're in our hearts and prayers.

Love & lots of hugs

Cindy

McBeckster2001 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McBeckster2001 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McBeckster2001 said...

You are in my prayers; and Miss Lori's too! I'm so sorry! At least it happened at the "beginning" of your trip so "important" things can be replaced (i.e., passport)before you return home (you'll need that passport). I had my wallet stolen when I was 19; it was TERRIBLE! I can't imagine being in a foreign country!!!! [I used an undergarment wallet that carried my traveler's cheques, passport, ID,credit cards, etc.) when I traveled to foreign countries]. Just know we all love you and are extrememly grateful you are safe and healthy (albeit sad, angry, etc). Remember your fortune cookie: your sense of humor will be the key to your success! If that doesn't work, remember the Bible verse: Trust in the LORD. Love ya!

Gladys Scheiderer said...

HI,
Just want you to know that my prays are with you. As every one has said I too am sorry to hear about this. But as you and all have said God will bring help you. We do not know why things happen. Just try to put it all behind you and enjoy the rest of your time in China. We all love you and God does too!!!!! With Love, Grandma..

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal,
Apparently I am doing something wrong so you are not getting my comments. So for this try I will just say we are enjoying your adventures and we are keepimg you in our hearts and prayers. With so much love, G & G

Anonymous said...

Wow Crystal, I'm so sorry that someone stole your purse, that was a lot of important stuff in there. Also i heard you had a fan in there with your chinese name on it. i would have liked to see it. Well life is like that. i hope you remember me and have a good time in China (wow that is a long way away!)
-Laura

About Me

Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Welcome to my blog! Here is where you can find out all about my experiences and thoughts ...mostly about my travels in China while I study abroad, teach English, and do research, but occasionally I'll post some other stuff! I am a college student pursuing degrees in Chinese Studies and Social Work. I love my life and I don't know what I would rather be doing but trying to live my life for my heavenly father and his will!