Friday, September 26, 2008

I Can't Sleep


So I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about something I saw that I swear was straight from a scifi movie! It was by far one of the creepiest, most disturbing things I've ever seen.

It might seem kind of stupid, but you had to be there, so I will do my best to describe it in as much detail as possible....

So a friend and I were walking down the road when we encountered a praying mantis that had been run over by a car or bicycle. It's guts were everywhere. Big deal. But from the guts arose this black, skinny snake-like mass. I promise you it was a spawn of satan from the pit of hell! It proceeded to writhe/slither/crawl away from the corpse. I am presuming that it was intending to return to the evil inferno from whence it came.

Im sure it was the nervous system that separated from the mantis, causing such a disturbing sight. But I am not exaggerating one bit when I say it was the freakiest thing I have ever seen and I have now successfully developed a phobia for praying mantises!

Oh my gosh, I can't sleep....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Photo?

Mommy Dearest said...

Hey Crystal, did you see the mantis become squished?? Perhaps this slithering creature is part of the decomposing team...it could be possible! They may have a vile worm snake that helps in the decomposition process in China. Please sleep soundly tonight and know that you are safe.

Gladys Scheiderer said...

You should of lived on a farm like you Grandmas did. We saw more then tnat. Hope you can sleep better now. Glad you are getting to see all the things that you are seeing. Wish I could be there too. With Love, Grandma...

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...sick sick SICK. Now I'M freaked out. Haha

Anonymous said...

whoah. yikes. sorry for you. i would have fainted though so you did better than me :-D. well i hope you will be able to sleep soon. see ya
-Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey, \Young lady, I'm sorry for you, but this is good experience for you , especially you intend to become a Queen of the Pacific hopefully someday, I will bring you to the Philippines with your Dad......is o.k. for you...From Art At the big "BOEING"

Anonymous said...

Sounds rather freakish..
:) Check your facebook soon! i'm writing you!! :) bye!

About Me

Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Welcome to my blog! Here is where you can find out all about my experiences and thoughts ...mostly about my travels in China while I study abroad, teach English, and do research, but occasionally I'll post some other stuff! I am a college student pursuing degrees in Chinese Studies and Social Work. I love my life and I don't know what I would rather be doing but trying to live my life for my heavenly father and his will!