Monday, August 25, 2008

Hong Kong

So we arrived in Hong Kong at 8:30 am on the 23rd. There was still debris everywhere from the typhoon. We went to a history museum. The next day we went to a temple and saw a bunch of buddhist, daoist, and confuscious rituals. The inscense and humidity was NOT a good combination!! That day we did a LOT of walking! My feet hurt so bad! Walking up stairs and then  more stairs was insane. Just when we thought we got to the top, there were more stairs. We were all dripping sweat by the end. The best part about yesterday was getting to the top of the stairs to an orphanage. We got to hear about the organization and then tour the orphanage and see the babies. Today we are going to the beach, then to get a foot massage and shopping before heading to Guilin tonight. Internet is kinda expensive and sparse, so if we can't connect for a few days! I'm having a blast bonding with my friends and "staying out of trouble." :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're anything like your mother, then you will be UNSUCCESSFUL in "staying out of trouble"! Have "fun!" Whaaaaaha hahohohoho, you'll NEVER guess who made this comment!

Anonymous said...

No, but her mother knows exactly who sent this! Crystal, don't listen to her and don't have fun..........

Mommy Dearest said...

Hey Crystal, I'm glad to be hearing about your adventures. I know your traveling for a few days, but make sure you let us know what your school and dorm are like. The cable company is still saying Sept. for internet service, so perhaps we'll be able to skype (sp??) soon. I love you so much. Relish this time you have and listen for God's voice in it all................Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal,
Checking in from SA. We are going to be following you as you travel. Enjoy every minute of it all. Remember that you represent all Americans...be a good diplomate.
With love, G & G

Anonymous said...

Crystal!!!
I miss you so much!!!!
I miss texting you and talking to you on sunday!!
I hope you don't forget me..
I love you!!!!!!
Love,
your favorite-girl-that-is-11-years-old-almost-12-named-bethany!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you got there safe. Have a good time and enjoy the experience. I think we're all a little jealous!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! What Cindy said.

Gladys Scheiderer said...

HI, I just found you. Glad to hear you are doing great!!!!!! With Love, Grandma.........Scheiderer

About Me

Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Welcome to my blog! Here is where you can find out all about my experiences and thoughts ...mostly about my travels in China while I study abroad, teach English, and do research, but occasionally I'll post some other stuff! I am a college student pursuing degrees in Chinese Studies and Social Work. I love my life and I don't know what I would rather be doing but trying to live my life for my heavenly father and his will!