Friday, August 22, 2008

The Adventure of getting to Hong Kong

Our flight to Vancouver, BC was great despite how early I had to get up. I didn't expect to be so emotional leaving and saying goodbye :'-( We were supposed to have a 4 hour layover in Canada before leaving for Hong Kong. Right now, that layover went from 4 hours to 7 hours to 12 hours now, so we might plan on hitting up the city of Vancouver for a little while. Apparently Hong Kong is having some typhoon warnings, so the flights are being delayed for a long time. My fellow PLU compadres composed a serious list of things to accomplish while waiting:
1. play the card game spoons (except with forks, knives and chopsticks)
2. play hide-and-seek/sardines
3. talent show
4. wifi protest
5. nap
6. host our own olympics
7. scavenger hunt
8. finish the book we were supposed to have done by now
9. learn to use chopsticks
10. learn chinese
11. learn Canadian anthem
12. steal golf cart and race

Ill keep everyone updated in my travel rendezvous.... later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mommy Dearest said...

I'm glad you and your group are taking the unexpected in stride. We're to rejoice in all things and grow in the process. So who won the golf cart race?? I love you entirely! Mom

Anonymous said...

I like number 12 on the list..

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal
We are enjoying "your trip".Enjoy the pigeon potpie and the scorpion on a stick. We are just learning how to get in touch with you so let us know if you receive this. Things are fine here. G & G

crystalswetz said...

I enjoy reading all of your comments. I have a much bigger blog in process, so make sure to check back tomorrow or so to get updated on all my adventures :) And I am guessing "anonymous" is my favorite aunt or uncle. Am I right? ;)

Anonymous said...

I send you a note the other day but not sure if you got it. Glad to hear you made it to China OK!!!!! Is that the rilght word??? OK!!!!!! Love You Granny........

Unknown said...

Hi Jing,

This is Tao Ning in Snohomish, I am sorry to give you a wrong add, and also sorry and glad to hear your experience in China.
My e-mail is taoning198@gmail.com

Keeping touch and hope to hear from you.
Tao

About Me

Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Welcome to my blog! Here is where you can find out all about my experiences and thoughts ...mostly about my travels in China while I study abroad, teach English, and do research, but occasionally I'll post some other stuff! I am a college student pursuing degrees in Chinese Studies and Social Work. I love my life and I don't know what I would rather be doing but trying to live my life for my heavenly father and his will!