So I am waking up at 5am to get the airport. I am flying from Seattle to San Francisco, and then onto Shanghai. I still have to start packing....
I don't plan on bringing that much stuff. Just my basic necessities and enough clothes to hold me over until I can go shopping. I learned from my mistake last time when my purse got stolen. So I am just bringing one duffel bag as a carry-on. I am keeping everything with me and nothing leaves my sight!! Am I slightly a control freak? Maybe. Overly paranoid? I don't think so.
On the other hand, I am bringing SO much, but not in the material sense, though. I am bringing my knowledge of travel and the Chinese culture/language. I am going to China with confidence that I can teach English and do the research I need to do for my capstone. I have memories of past experiences and places. With me are connections all over China, whether it is with friends, teachers, and strangers (soon to be friends)! No thief can take my passion away from me. And I can't check my hopes and dreams at the gate. Finally, and most importantly, I take with me the Holy Spirit, my faith, and protection from my heavenly father than transcends all security lines, border control, and language barriers. Yep, I'm pretty much set.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- crystalswetz
- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Welcome to my blog! Here is where you can find out all about my experiences and thoughts ...mostly about my travels in China while I study abroad, teach English, and do research, but occasionally I'll post some other stuff! I am a college student pursuing degrees in Chinese Studies and Social Work. I love my life and I don't know what I would rather be doing but trying to live my life for my heavenly father and his will!
2 comments:
Talked with your mom the other day and she told me about your blog. Your writing is insightful and I look forward to reading more.
Hey Crystal...Call your mom!
Post a Comment